1. All users must be at least thirteen years of age to register, review stories (even anonymously), read stories, and basically do anything on this archive in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
2. Any information required of the archive member (email address, name, alias, etc.) will not be disclosed to anyone outside the archive staff and will be used for contact purposes concerning this archive only. A Journey Through a Galaxy Far Far Away will not email you unless it directly concerns archive matters. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the archive administrators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the provided data being compromised, corrupted, or lost. We do, try to take precautions to prevent these attacks from happening, but we may not be able to prevent all of them.
3. You agree not to submit any material that violates any applicable laws in your state or country of residence. Such material includes, but is not limited to threats to staff and/or members, hate material, and racism. You also agree not to ‘spam’ any area of the archive. Doing so will lead to your immediate and permanent banning from the archive and any account held by you will be removed (your service provider may be informed in certain cases). A Journey Through a Galaxy Far Far Away reserves the right to be the sole judge in whether a submission fails to conform with the terms of service and archive rules or not.
4. All stories submitted to this archive must be the author’s own work. Any story found to be plagiarized will be immediately deleted and disciplinary action will be taken against the author by the administrators. If you believe a story is in violation, please contact the site administrator immediately.
5. You understand that all information, text, images, etc. are the sole responsibility of its originator. This means that you, not A Journey Through a Galaxy Far Far Away, are entirely responsible for everything that you make available. Although we do, attempt to monitor submitted stories to verify their compliance with the TOS and archive rules, we cannot control all the content submitted, and will not guarantee its quality. Furthermore, you understand that by using the service, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. A Journey Through a Galaxy Far Far Away will never admit liability in any way for any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of this service.
6. All stories must be correctly rated. This archive uses Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) ratings. The ratings are:
G: General Audiences. The story is acceptable for all readers.PG: Parental Guidance Suggested. This means some content may not be suitable for children.PG-13: Parents strongly cautioned. This means some content may be inappropriate for children under the age of 13.R: Restricted. This means the story may contain some adult material that is not suitable for children under the age of 17.NC-17: Adults only. This means the story contains content that is not suitable for children. No one under the age of 17 should read this story.
7. Archive administrators have the right to fix minor mistakes to submitted stories or chapters. For instance, if a story is submitted in a wrong category an admin may move the story to the correct category. In such an event, the author will receive notification of the correction or corrections in the acceptance message. Another example is if an author submits a story that lists every character in the story instead of just the main characters. Since it is clearly stated in the archive rules that no more than three main characters can be listed in the character’s list per story, the admins may remove all other characters that they feel are not main characters.
8. Archive administrators have the right to reject stories or chapters if the submitted stories do not comply with the archive rules and/or TOS, or that contain minor mistakes that the administrators don’t have the time to correct themselves. In the event a story is rejected by an administrator the author will be sent email notification informing them as to why the submission was rejected and listing what they need to do to fix the story. They will then be able to fix the story and resubmit it.
1. You will attain the ability to upload your fiction to A Journey Through a Galaxy Far Far Away through you Member Account (Account Info) upon completing the registration form. It is highly recommended that you create a new password after you first log in with the randomly generated temporary password you will receive through email. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (i) immediately notify A Journey Through a Galaxy Far Far Away of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security by e-mailing the administrators, and (ii) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session if your computer will be used by others. A Journey Through a Galaxy Far Far Away cannot and will not be liable for your failure to comply with this section.
2. You give A Journey Through a Galaxy Far Far Away the non-exclusive rights to publish your uploaded writing on the archive. The non-exclusive publishing rights end when you remove your writing.